Resources to help get your drone program funded and off the ground
Unmanned aircraft equipped with visible and thermal surveillance cameras are powerful tools for first responders. Over 1000 agencies in the US are using drones to keep people safe, fight fires, and provide airborne search and rescue capabilities at a fraction of the cost of helicopters or fixed wing aircraft. Adding an unmanned aircraft program can help your agency to do more with less, and to accomplish complex search and surveillance tasks quickly and safely.
What is a grant?
A grant is a way the government funds ideas and projects to provide public services and stimulate the economy. Unmanned aircraft programs for law enforcement, firefighting, and emergency response teams called on to support disaster relief missions are legitimate applications for grant funding. We are happy to provide grant funding justifications that can save you some time in crafting such applications. Just reach out to us and we will forward along a fill-in-the-blank justification.
Please see Grant Resource's Below:
Community Oriented Policing Services (COPS) - Offers great place to search for law enforcement grants, find information, tools and links.
Homeland Security/ Federal Emergency Management Agency Grants:
Federal grants through FEMA can be found here, these are specifically for drones (sUAS). These grants are for organizations pertaining to first responders which include, firefighters, emergency medical service, and pre-disaster mitigation.
These are the requirements for the FEMA Grants:
- Please justify the need for the aircraft and how the requested platform best meets that need as compared to other options.
- Please explain how the requested aircraft fits into the State/Urban Area’s integrated operational plans.
- Please explain what types of terrorism incident response and prevention equipment with which the requested aircraft will be outfitted.
- Please describe how this aircraft will be used operationally and which response assets will be deployed using the requested aircraft.
- Please describe how this aircraft will be utilized on a regular, non-emergency basis.
FEMA Related Grant Programs:
State Homeland Security Program (SHSP)
Urban Areas Security Initiative Program (UASI)
Port Security Grant Program (PSGP)
Emergency Management Performance Grant (EMPG) Program
Search & Rescue Grants:
Mountain Rescue Association – The MRA R&D Grant program provides funds for research, development and testing of SAR systems and equipment. It is intended to promote better understanding of mountain rescue systems and technology.
Government Grant Resource Center - This is the best resource to search for grants and learn about grants life cycle.
MAKE CONTACT: LET US KNOW YOU'RE INTERESTED!
We can help you get your program started, supply you with additional technical information, and we are happy to visit and demonstrate the US-1.